Tuesday, February 23, 2010

God are you there? Its me, Margaret (D2)


Anyone else read that book in elementary school? Well I sure did and it has nothing to do with this bad ass recipe I'm about to post, I just wanted to name it that k?

ps, this is D2

Ok, so I'm getting (read: have been for a long) a little flumpy in the mid-section. I'm trying to shed some of this leftover baby weight I have hanging on for dear life around my belly. I believe I have what's called a FUPA. If you don't know what that is google it, b/c I'm fairly certain my dad reads this blog and I have to draw the line somewhere on the profanity that I use. But basically the FUPA is a large fat area around ur mid-section. One could call it lasagna belly. You get the picture. Unless you're skinny, then I pretty much hate you. ANYway, the point is I'm trying to find some lower calorie type yumminess to cook and eat 'round here before I find my fat ass geting kicked off a Southwest flight - know what I mean?



Sweet-Ass Potato "French Fries"






So I've never been a sweet potato eater. I've always thought of sweet potatoes as that nasty-ass orange mushy shit that someone sticks some fucking marshmallows on at Thanksgiving and calls it a side dish. I mean, who eats that crap? d.i.s.g.u.s.t.i.n.g.



Shit you're gonna need:



* as many sweet potatoes as the Lord allows. Or just enough to feed your fam, whether that's 2 or 20 - whatever, up to you.

* cooking spray

* EVOO

* big ass roasting pan thingy



Shit you're gonna do:



Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and don't stick your head in there, that shit is hot!

Wash those fuckers, b/c they ain't going in water for the yuck to be boiled off. Don't be gross, take the extra 56 seconds to wash off some produce guy's piss hands from your sweet taters. Now cut these bastards up into french fry looking shapes. Cut them to fit the styling needs of your family. I just cut and cut, no shape really. But you can cut them into wedges, or shoestring fries, steak fries, or whatever - get crazy. ps - cutting sweet potatoes is the equivalent to doing 15 bicep curls, I checked.

Now spray said large-ass roasting pan thingy with some cooking spray. Then lay all those lovely taters in there. The drizzle EVOO all over them, now don't get too crazy here people we're trying to watch our ever-growing FUPA. So coat them, but don't get crazy. Unless you weigh 106 pounds after you've had 2 kids and u have red hair, then use as much as you want.

Sprinkle with salt and peppa - and a little spinderella. just kidding.

You could also put some fresh rosemary on these beauties but who's got fresh rosemary?



Stick them in the oven for like 15 minutes, take them out and flip them around, then another 15 minutes. These will turn into little slices of heaven in just 30 short minutes. They are GUD!



You're welome, now back to our regularly scheduled program.



ps - if you're doing weight watchers like me a cup serving of this is just 1 point. Rejoice.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for a recipe to manage my FUPA! Now I expect that you bring some into the plantation tomorrow so we can snack on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so i google fupa NOT cool ill stick with muffin top :) cant wait to try this recipe

    ReplyDelete