Thursday, July 8, 2010

Nelly Frittata

Hubs: Scrambled eggs are gross…why do I like this frittata and what makes it different?

Me: Not sure. Just shut up and eat it.

(Keep in mind that scrambled eggs are in his breakfast burritos)

Shit you’re gonna need:

2 tbsp of butter (shocker)

An oven proof skillet of some sort. I obviously used my iron skillet.

6 eggs

¼ cup of whipping cream (I told you you’d see this ingredient quite a bit. My thighs don’t like it, but who asked them?)

Salt and pepper to taste

Deli turkey meat (you can use whatever meat you want. I wish I had sausage that day, but get creative, put whatever shit you want in this thing)

Shredded cheese (any flavor, again, don’t be a chicken shit…get creative)

*you can also add chopped green peppers, onions, chopped parsley, pulled pork…you get the picture

Shit you’re gonna do:

Preheat your oven to 350. Whip together your eggs and cream. Now, you can either melt your butter on the stovetop or you can put it in your pan and melt it in the oven while it’s preheating. It just depends on how fucking fancy you want to look. But once the butter is melted, pour in your eggs and then top with your seasonings, meat and cheese and any other extras that are going to make you look like a real creative bad ass. Bake this shit for about 15 minutes and whammo…nelly frittata right there in your kitchen. I will say that it’s going to shrink like some things do in cold water, so just be prepared that it won’t be that fluffy on your plate as when you first take it out of the oven. Oh and I do need to warn you on something else, if you do melt your butter in the oven, remember to use an oven mitt to get out the pan. And if you have one of those mitt thingys that sits over the pan handle, remember to take it off before you shut the oven door. I made this mistake and the hubs walked in and said “Did someone shit their pants?” Nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment