Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lazy Ass Chili (this is the shit I put in my Frito Pie)

Don’t get me wrong…kudos to those of you who soak nine different kinds of beans, make your seasoning from scratch and stew your own tomatoes. I’m sure there’s a special spot in heaven for you but I ain’t got time for that shit. I’ve got my first graders’ impossible homework (yes, it really stumps me), I’ve got to shuffle the laundry around in the garage so it looks like I’ve been slaving over it all day and I have a facebook status to keep up with. I ain’t got time for no soaking of beans. So, forgive me for being lazy, but this shit is the bombdiggity. Scouts honor.

Shit you’re gonna need:

1 onion

1 green pepper (Use the whole thing baby!)

1 pound of ground beef

1 can of light red kidney beans

1 can of mild chili beans

1 can of butter beans

1 can of diced tomatoes

1 package of chili seasoning

Shit you’re gonna do:

Sweat your onions and green peppers for a few minutes in a stock pot. Add your ground beef. Brown that shit up. Rinse your meat in a strainer to get that extra fatty shit off of it.
Dump your meat/onion/pepper mix back in the pot. Open your kidney beans and butter beans and rinse them off and them dump them in the pot. Open the chili beans and dump those fuckers in too (don’t rinse them). Add your diced tomatoes, your chili seasoning and stir that bitch. Put it on low heat for a while until it’s all melted together and in love 20-30 minutes.

Now, you can also do what I do. I prep this shit about 4 hours ahead of time and then throw it all in the crock pot and let it simmer on low for about 4 hours. Makes me feel good about myself. That and by the time we get home from my son’s football practice it’s easy as hell to stuff everyone’s pie hole.

Part 2. Oh yeah bitches…there’s more.

For Frito Pie, you’re gonna need…

Fritos (duh)

Your lazy ass chili

Shredded cheese

Sour cream

That is exactly how you’ll put it in your bowl to make this lazy ass, rainy night meal.

Again, layer in your bowl, fritos, chili, cheese and then sour cream. Ta Da! Now let’s have a cocktail.

No comments:

Post a Comment