Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Quiche...but not really.

Okay, so this one is gonna be clean. Why? Because I had to submit this recipe to the PTA for a Recipe for Success cookbook for the teachers. Booooooring. I know. But it’s for the teachers. I’ll suck it up this once. (I could totally put a tasteless joke right here. But I won’t. But I think I just did.)

Quiche…sort of.

There’s no dramatic crust to make or anything like that. I mean, you’re cheating because you’re using Bisquick, but I don’t judge, so you’ll be fine.

Stuff you’ll need:

(I hope you have this hanging around the house, because I hate when I have to go to the store for one specific thing just to make one recipe. Also, if it has 14 ingredients…I ain’t makin’ it. Please don’t correct me on “ain’t” being a word. It is…so let’s move on.

2 cups of milk (the real stuff…no fake blue skim milk here people)

4 eggs

¾ cup of Bisquick

¼ cup of butter (that’s half a stick in case you’re an English teacher and not a Trig expert. Also, you’ll want it softened. If you didn’t lay it out, just stick it in the microwave to soften it up a bit. Again, I’m not judging.)

1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (Don’t buy the block of expensive stuff Rachel Ray uses. Just use the shakeable nonsense that comes out of plastic jar that’s in your fridge. You’re using bisquick here people, we’re not talking fancy)

1 small frozen package of chopped frozen spinach (Heat it up, and drain all the water from it. It helps if you squeeze it dry in a towel)

1 cup of cubed cooked ham (Honestly, I’ve used deli meat before. It’s not like I bake a ham and then save some to chop up for this. If I’m baking a ham, I’m gonna eat it. Nuff said)

8 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese (First, I use sharp cheddar; mild is for wimps. Second, I’ll be honest with you…I use double the amount. Because I love cheese even though my thighs don’t appreciate it.)

The Drama from Yo Mamma:

Preheat your oven to 375. Spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick spray. Yes, you can use the big muffin pan, it’s just gonna take longer to cook. Just giving you options here.

Beat together your eggs, bisquick, butter and parmesan cheese. Now, the batter is gonna be lumpy; so don’t beat the heck out of it. That batter needs it’s lumps like I need another lump on my tush, but in this case, those little lumps of lushisness are gonna bake out. Just mix it until it’s moistened. Then stir in your spinach, ham and cheddar cheese (you’re using sharp cheddar, right?)

Then you’re gonna bake this until the eggs are set and they’re sort of brownish. Probably about 8-10 minutes. May take longer…may take less. You’ll see…enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment