Monday, January 21, 2013

Green Peppers Stuffed with Awesomeness.

Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Green Peppers

Alright.  Confession.  I’m addicted to Pinterest.  And I found this recipe idea on said site and I couldn’t resist.  I couldn’t help but drool with the thought of juicy meat being stuffed into something hot.  (See what I did there?)

Shit you're gonna need:

1 red onion, sliced (I'm sure you can use white or yellow, I just happen to think that red is better.  Not for any reason except that I have red hair, and I'm pretty awesome.)
3 green peppers (completely ignore the fact that there are indeed, 4 pictured here.  I only used three and shoved the extra back in the fridge hoping to use it before it goes bad.  At $0.89 a piece, shit better not go bad.)
1 package of mushrooms (I would say a small package, but that's all they have.  I've never seen a "size" ratio.)
2 packages of Steak Ums (pictured below because I forgot to get them out for this particular shot.)
Provolone cheese (I used two slices on each pepper, so guesstimate how much you'll need.)
olive oil (for sautéing, duh.)
Worstechsire (for taste, duh. again.)
salt and peper




Here's where I sliced the three peppers in half.  Then I took a step back to see which four I didn't fuck up the most that would be feasible for stuffing.  The other two just ended up being sliced and used in the "mix." 



Next is just a picture of my garbage bowl.  Sorry Rachel Ray.  I know she made a fuck-tillion dollars on the phrases, "EVOO" and "Yum-o", but I'm not paying $14.99 for a fucking "garbage bowl" from JC Penney.  $14.99 is what I spend on a good bottle of wine that I'm trying to impress someone with.



Pictured here is all the mushrooms which were pre-chopped (thank you, super target), and the green peppers and onions.  I just gotta say, it smelled fucking delicious.  I have a "thing" for green peppers and most definitely for mushroom. (Sidebar: when I was a little tot, I got the word marshmallow and mushrooms confused so I would ask my mom for marshmallows as a snack which meant mushrooms.  Stupid ass, kid.)



Slight obsession with these since college.  Not gonna lie, though, when it tells you that the hot oil could pop on you.  Be assured that it'll pop on you.  And probably on your boob.  Just sayin'.  (btw, again, I used two packages of these)


Heat up two tablespoons of olive oil and then dump in your onion, green pepper, and mushroom mixture.


See...it's cooking down, so don't shit yourself with "How the hell am I gonna fit all that shit into 4 half peppers."  Calm down there MacGuyver.  Shit will happen.


Now, stack up your steak ums, one box at a time and slice those bitches up. 


Add them to the veggie mix and let it cook down.  (this is where that fucking onion popped up and burned my boob.  Little fucker.  That'll teach me to wear a v-neck while cooking.)



 Second box in...

Aaaaaaaaaand done.  Mind you, please salt and pepper to taste here, because I really should have.


Stuff those bitches like a bad prom date...



Lay on the cheese and bake for about 20 minutes.  I had to put on a sheet of aluminum foil half way through cooking so that the cheese wouldn't burn...


And VOILA!  Oh wait.  What's that?  I forgot to take a final picture with my camera?  Fucking red wine.  I took it with my phone and updated it on facebook.  So check back there for the final pictures.

Peace out, my ninjas.


btw, the original link where I got this idea was from...  http://peaceloveandlowcarb.blogspot.com/2012/06/philly-cheesesteak-stuffed-peppers.html

word.

1 comment: